Our buildings have earned third-party environmental certifications, which demonstrate our focus on conserving natural resources and improving occupants' health and comfort. High-performance facilities provide a foundation for a successful green meetings program.
Standard sustainable practices
All meeting clients benefit from our standard sustainable practices, which are seamlessly incorporated into our operations.
These practices include:
- resource conservation procedures (e.g. equipment and lighting shutdown in unoccupied spaces)
- waste diversion (e.g. recycling, composting, donation program, partnership with Clean the World)
- indoor air quality management (e.g. green cleaning, CO2 monitoring)
- responsible purchasing (e.g. reduced packaging, office supplies with recycled content)
- sustainable food practices (e.g. reusable china and silver ware, compostable service ware)
- alternative transportation (e.g. public transit within walking distance, electric vehicle charging stations).
Green meetings options
We provide a menu of additional green meeting options to help you go above and beyond when hosting a green conference. We work with you to understand your sustainability goals and develop a customized implementation plan.
These additional options include:
- green meeting concierge
- post-event Impact Statement with carbon footprint calculation
- community volunteering programs
- Sands ECO360° property tours
- carbon offsets
- sustainable food options (e.g. sustainable seafood, local and/or organic food, Fair Trade certified coffee, water stations)
- sustainable decoration options (e.g. potted plants).
Las Vegas Sands was instrumental in helping us meet our environmental stewardship goals for our annual sales meeting. They also worked with us to pilot the Clean the World program at Las Vegas Sands, and were thrilled that it is now a hotel-wide initiative to support the environment and communities.
Jennifer Romo, meeting partner for Genentech